What a Trump presidency might look like. (long read)
Ellen nails the woman car.
Watch out for those frogs.
You need to know this word.
As usual I am unable to follow the rules properly; in this case, restraining myself to five items per list.
Five Twelve Things I Did This Summer.
- Adopted a new dog.
- Donated double red cells (and was woozy the rest of the day).
- Changed cell phone providers (yay, Consumer Cellular!)
- Read 14 books, listened to 6 audiobooks, and gave up on 3 books.
- Cashiered at Friends of the Library book sale.
- Yarnbombed the bike rack in front of the library (not blogged yet).
- Drove or rode in my candidate’s car in eight parades.
- Knit a rather stupendous scarf/wrap for his silent auction in a couple weeks (deets in another post).
- Ran a tremendously successful fundraising garage sale.
- Ran the Twitter account for my county party.
- Had two letters to the editor published.
- Filed 2 financial reports with the state ethics commission for my candidate (I’m his treasurer).
Five Ten Things I Am Looking Forward To.
- Helping run a fundraising event on Thursday (and having it done!).
- Going to Chicago next weekend for Smokey’s 50th high school reunion. Also, visiting his brother there.
- Cool weather and the opportunity to wear the handknits.
- The election being over (duh).
- Filing 3 more financial reports for my candidate.
- Being able to fritter away time without feeling like I should be [see first list].
- Finish the library bike rack yarnbomb (the original bomb covered 7/8 of the rack).
- Knitting myself a turquoise-ish hat and scarf (or cowl) to coordinate with a pair of fingerless gloves.
- Working on one or more of the four (!) afghans currently in process.
- Finishing a couple UFOs (maybe).
When the urge to tussle outweighs common sense and reality.
The Notorious R.B.G.
Knights in armor: a myth put to rest.
A different approach to fireworks.
Dancing to the Olympics.
Links and more links from Chris.
The silly returns.
* I don’t know what it means, either. Life simply? Keep doing what you are doing? It’s just the phrase that popped into my head when I looked at the image.
If you are one of those crazies who believes the earth was created on a Tuesday 6,000 years ago, you may find your mind blown by this.
The worker’s plea.
How to be more productive when that 3pm slump hits.
The geographic divide in creativity in the US.
Life is perpetually entertaining when you have a sense of humor like this guy.
HT to soxanne for the link.