2. When was the last time you shaved? What is this "shave" you speak of?
3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m. Same thing as every morning at 8 a.m; sleeping.
4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago? Reading blogs.
5. Some things you are excited about? Spring! #1 son coming home for spring break in a few weeks. Spring! My multicolored striped raglan. Spring! Our 4-week camping vacation this summer. Did I mention spring?!
6. What is your favorite flavor of JELL-O? Sorry, don't have one.
7. Your prom night, what do you remember about it? I remember my date, John; my dress, kelly green bodice, white skirt; and the dinner we had before, steak. My date and I and two other couples were treated to the steak dinner at one parents' house before prom; after prom we all went back there to stay up all night, play games, and walk on the beach. Thinking back on it, I realize those parents were being preemptive and very smart.
8. Do you have any famous ancestors? One of my great-grandfather's brothers, Preacher Joe, was a well-known traveling preacher in southern MN in the late 1800s. I seem to remember reading a very old book about him at my uncle's house. Paraphrasing what I remember, "When Preacher Joe was preaching, nobody could fall asleep." Not exactly an ancestor, since he is from a branch of the family, but this guy was famous.
9. Last thing received in the mail? Junk mail, bank statement.
10. How many different beverages have you had today? Orange juice, a latte.
11. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machine? Doesn't everyone ?
12. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the
beach? Nope. Haven't been to a sandy beach in nearly ten years. See #14, below, re: Wisconsin.
13. Any plans for Friday night? Nope.
14. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair? What is this "ocean" you speak of? I live in Wisconsin.
15. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3
different popcorns? Sure, every year, and I eat some of it, too.
16. Do you re-use towels after you shower? Duh. Of course.
17. Describe your keychain(s)? It is a ring with house and car keys, a large brass replica of a Japanese/Okinawan coin, and the remote for my car locks.
18. Where do you keep your change? In the zipper compartment of my wallet. Whenever I find change around the house I put it into a jar on my dresser; every five or ten years I cash that in — last time I had $17 of change.
19. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large
group of people? Probably at the January county board meeting. I am typical in that I dislike speaking in front of groups.
20. What kind of winter coat do you own? A boring navy blue jacket and a boring but very warm dark brown down jacket. My mid-length red winter coat that I loved died earlier this winter — both pockets ripped, lining shredded, and zipper broken.