This week's topic is ten things to do instead of watch TV. Since I rarely watch TV — no cable, no satellite — I feel imminently qualified for this one. (Just as I felt like an expert on last week's ten things to bring along on a camping trip — I generally feel qualified to offer my opinion on just about anything.)
- Read knitting blogs. Duh.
- Read the news online. I recommend the New York Times Skimmer. I also skim the headlines in my Google Reader from The Morning News and NPR Topics.
- Catch up on other social networking stuff — Ravelry, Facebook, Twitter, whatevs.
- Read a book.
- Listen to an audiobook (or music or a podcast) and knit.
- Talk to your spouse / significant other / kids / housemate / roommate.
- Call your mother / father / son / daughter / friend you haven't talked to in awhile.
- Take a nap.
- Go for a walk.
- Clear up that annoying pile of paperwork that has accumulated on the kitchen counter.
Personally, I do #1 – 6 regularly and #10 occasionally. I never call anyone or take a walk, and my naps tend to be earlier in the day than prime time.