Ten reasons to love bacon? I can only think of one: it tastes so darned good! Well, here goes…
- Nutrition. It covers two of the most important food groups, fat and salt. (The others are beer and sugar. Bacon goes well with beer, not to mention how well it combines with maple syrup on your breakfast plate. There. Nutritional bases all covered.)
- Versatility. What else goes with carbs (pancakes, waffles, bread, beer), protein (eggs, peanut butter), and vegetables (lettuce and tomatoes) so well?
- Survival. We are in danger of being overrun with pigs. Eating them is vital to our survival as a species.
- Health. Remember "Pork: the other white meat"?
- Um, drawing a blank here…
- Oh, and did I mention taste and aroma?