Ten Things To Love About Fall.
- The colors.
- I can dress in layers and long sleeves again.
- The opportunity, nay, the obligation, to break out the hand knits. Which in my case are socks, scarves, fingerless gloves, and One Sweater. That will change, though — multi-colored striped raglan is close to done.
- Cold-weather food: crock pot meals, oven-roasted root vegies, baked goods. Hot cider, pots of tea.
- It is cool enough that knitting a wool sweater is not sweat-inducing. In fact, very few things are sweat-inducing now.
- The gorgeous colors.
- Football. Nah, not a football fan.
- My kids are back in school and the day is my own again. Nah, empty-nester here.
- Campgrounds are largely populated by senior citizens. No crying babies, no screaming toddlers, no overly friendly 8-year-olds, no sullen teenagers. Quiet. Peaceful.
- It's time for the Second Annual 35th Anniversary Trip to Lamb's Resort on the North Shore.
- The glorious colorful display Nature puts on every year.
- Did I mention the colors?