Ten Ways To Enjoy Hallowe'en.
- Stock up on candy, turn on the porch light, and enjoy the stream of trick-or-treaters.
- Play spooky sound effects through a speaker hidden in the bushes in front of the house.
- Wear a costume yourself to answer the door when trick-or-treaters come.
- Put your dog in a costume and let it help you distribute candy.
- Go trick-or-treating yourself with a shot glass. (Smokey knew someone who did this every year — person in question was an elementary school principal.)
- Have a simmer pot going with nutmeg and cloves and allspice in the water, to fill the air with the fragrance of pumpkin pie.
- Stock up on candy, forget to turn on the porch light, and enjoy the candy for the next two weeks.
- Stock up on candy, decide not to turn on the porch light, and enjoy the candy for the next two weeks.
- Forget the candy and go out to dinner instead!
- Stock up on candy on November 1, when it is all on sale, and enjoy it for the next two weeks.