Ten Favorite Smells.
(If you are not hungry, you will be by the time you finish my list.)
- Bread baking. Anything in the oven, really.
- Steak or burgers on the grill.
- Onions frying. My MIL used to quote a friend who said the to make a man happy, fry some onions right before he comes home. Works for me!
- Anything with garlic
- The first smell of spring, usually damp earth (followed closely by the smell of defrosting dog poo; that part is not my favorite).
- Lavender. It doesn't grow in Zone 3/4 where I live; the first time I smelled it in situ was in an English garden. Heaven!
- Old roses. Only the traditional roses have a real rose scent; the modern ones have been bred for other characteristics.
- Paperwhite narcissus. Febreze has a scent called Springtime, and this is what it smells like.
- Lilacs. We had a huge old bush outside the windows of our house in Minneapolis. I loved to open the windows on a spring afternoon and let the fragrance waft into the house.
- Food and flowers. Yep, that pretty much covers it.