This week's topic is Ten Things In My Purse. Since I haven't carried a purse, exactly, for several years, I shall tell you Ten Eleven Twelve Thirteen Things I Carry In Whatever Container I Have Hanging From My Shoulder (backpack, tote bag, whatever).
- Wallet. I looked long and hard to find a wallet-like thing that has a shoulder strap. That way I don't have to carry my huge tote bag into a store with me. Wallet contains money, credit cards, and receipts.
- Health and beauty department. This is a small zipper bag, about 4"x6"x1" that is stuffed with every personal care item I could possibly need (I dumped it out to take inventory): small mirror, lip balm, tweezers, dental floss, flosspicks, folding hairbrush/comb, migraine meds, toothpaste (but no toothbrush — what was I thinking? oh, yeah, the toothbrush is in the glove compartment of my car — don't ask), hand lotion, hand sanitizer, diamond emery board, wet naps, tiny mirror, Tums, breath mints, Alli, bleach/stain remover pen, and a Winchester pocket tool that has a scissors, knife, file, 3 screwdriver blades, a saw, and a bottle/can opener. I am prepared for anything.
- Bottle vitamin C tablets. I carry this with me in the winter just in case I feel the first tickle of a cold when I am away from home. It is vital to start the vitamin C treatment immediately; six hours later is Too Late.
- Bottle of ibuprofen. I take 800mg in the morning and at night, but recently started taking another 800mg at 2 pm. It makes a big difference in my pain level. I even set up an alarm on my work computer to remind myself to take them.
- Bottle of prescription antiacid tablets.
- A set of five nylon shopping bags in their own tote bag.
- Tissues in a knitted tissue cozy.
- Mini flashlight.
- Key ring with keys for house and various cars, plus a spare set of keys.
- Lock de-icer.
- Tape measure.
- Eyeglass cleaner kit.
- Emergency knitting kit. I never go anywhere without it, especially since it saved my bacon that time I was stuck in the elevator.
Did you notice what was absent from my list? Any kind of makeup or perfume or anything remotely frilly-feminine. If I could fit a hammer, a couple full-sized screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers in there without adding any weight, I'd do it.