- I brought Smokey Bear home from the hospital last night.
- He was there for seven days.
- All week the lab results had indicated possible problems with his kidney function. (Elevated creatine level, thanks for asking.)
- Yesterday's lab was A-OK, thus the release from confinement.
- He is taking antibiotics for the infection, oxycodone (~Percocet) for the pain, and Valium for the nausea.
- They all seem to be accomplishing their intended purpose.
- He has asked for soda crackers and a barf bag a couple times but has not needed the latter.
- Younger Son was back at work Wednesday.
- He too had the nausea reaction to oxycodone, but only to the first dose.
- I don't want to jinx anything, but it seems that life might just be headed in the right direction again.
Photo is Ser Percival The Energetic, Younger Son's and BFE's dog, *making friends* with the cat in the window.