(Sorry to be late with this posting, but Gmail apparently ate Carole's email. Grrr. That's not the first email it has eaten.)
Ten Favorite Summertime Treats.
- Fresh blueberries on my oatmeal every morning. I put about a third of a pint on it; I don't care how expensive they are — when blueberries are in the store I WILL HAVE THEM. (This is not a photo of my cereal bowl. Mine would have about four times that many blueberries.)
photo credit: .scarlet. via photopin cc
- Ice-cold fresh watermelon.
Photo credit: ruurmo via photopin cc
- Perfectly ripe cantaloupe. Sensually, sinfully delicious.
photo credit: madabandon via photopin cc
- Wine spritzers.
photo credit: Free 2 Be via photopin cc
- Floating on an air mattress in the lake on a hot day. (Not me in the photo. Duh.)
photo credit: alaspoorwho via photopin cc
- Sleeping with the windows open. (Clearly, the cats are not sleeping, but that is the window next to my bed.)
- Loons calling on the lake. (I checked out several videos on YouTube — this one sounds the most like *our* loons.)
- Eating in the porch instead of inside.
- Knitting on the deck with all my friends.
- Eating on the deck at a local bar/restaurant.
- This. It's why we live here.