Ten Things To Do On A Summer Staycation.*
- Knit. Duh.
- Watch Netflix with Smokey. While knitting.
photo credit: Day 81 via photopin (license)
- Listen to an audiobook. While knitting.
My most recent listens. The middle one, Cabin Pressure, is a delightful BBC radio programme.
- Knit on the deck.
Second washcloth in progress.
- Lie abed in the mornings with my iPad — check my email, catch up on Twitter, do a few jigsaw puzzles, ditto a few crosswords. Play iPad Boggle with Smokey when he wakes up.
- Have lunch with a friend.
A lovely riverside cafe with yummy food and an outdoor deck.
- Drop in at the tourist information center, now run by my friend the former county librarian.
Polk County tourism.
- Write a blog post.
- Read other blogs.
- Do a little housework.
Very, very little.
* As a retiree, I find that pretty much every day/week/month is a staycation. So these are my regular fun activities.