Ten Six Things I Truly Enjoy About the Holiday Season.
- The music. Yeah, I know, it is ubiquitous and can get annoying, but where I live there are no shopping malls and [almost] no big box stores that blast it 24/7, so I don’t have to hear it as much as those in urban and suburban settings. That said, my tiny village plays Christmas music on the Main Street public address system, and the sound quality is roughly that of a 1927 crystal set — horrible. That is music I could do without.
- The holiday spirit of giving and sharing and general good will. It gets to me every year.
- Some aspects of gift giving. If I am having a difficult time thinking of a gift, then I hate this part. But I do love watching others open their gifts.
- The look of everyone else’s Christmas lights, especially since this is the darkest time of the year.
- The fragrance of balsam fir wreaths and swags.
- The holiday parties.